Christmas In July

Thanks for visiting today!
Here is my Frosty Friends swap card for the Over the Top swap, "Bling It". This swap was organized by Barbara Jackson, thanks Barbara I had a great time.

Frosty Friends stamp set (C) Stampin' Up!
I tried to use as many "blingy" things as I could. I used our silver glimmer paper, basic rhinestones,dazzling diamonds glitter, and shimmer paint. Now with the shimmer paint I used the new spritzers available in the new catalog, I poured some of the paint in the spritzer, added some water and spritzed the paint onto my card.
I used my two way glue on the snowmen by tracing the outlines and then sprinkling on the dazzling glitter.
The snowflake is cut using our new snowflake die.

SUPPLIES
stamp set: Frosty Friends, Easy Events
ink: staz on black, early espresso
paper: sahara sand, whisper white, cherry cobbler, and pool party card stock; pool party designer prints paper
accessories: cherry cobbler seam binding, ribbon punch, snowflake die, silver glimmer paper, bitty buttons, pool party bakers twine,lacy brocade embossing folder, scallop edgelit, dazzling diamonds glitter, stampin write markers and basic rhinestones

I also took a bonus class with Stampin' Up! called "I am a Pattern Mixing Pro". We made this adorable project.
All Supplies (C) Stampin' Up!

The class was taught by the oh so talented Carrie Cudney, you may have seen her on a SU! product video, she always has such cute ideas. We received 3 packages of DSP, this canvas and a new stamp set Lacy and Lovely. We painted the sides of the canvas and then a piece of newsprint DSP in a blue acrylic paint. The dots are stamped using Staz On. The flowers and stems were made using dsp. I also received buttons to add on but I didn't have time to add them yet to the flower centers.
I did a quick tutorial on the flowers though so here that is, they are so simple.



Here is what your finished flower will look like.

You will need 5 scallops, 4 in dsp and 1 in card stock. Here you can see I also stamped my dsp.

Crumple up your dsp scallops and open then open them up and flatten them.

Fold your scallops in half and then half again making this triangle shape.

I folded the card stock scallop in half and half again to get the fold marks there for reference. I added glue and fit my triangles into each quadrant.

                                                     
Here is what your flower will look like when all the folded scallops are added.

I added a punch from the boho blossoms punch for a center and then fluffed out the petals.

Add a button with some bakers twine or linen thread tied to it and you have a quick and easy embellishment.

Happy Stampin'
Tricia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Ice Cream

Sweet Strawberries

Freshly Made Sketch & New Products